Application for Long-Term Accommodation
In order to secure a room in one of our Bachelor, 2-, 3-, or 4-bedroom suites at St. John’s Institute, we require you to submit an application and a non-refundable deposit of $750.00, paid by either Visa or Master Card. Once your application is approved, you will receive an invoice reflecting your deposit paid, and the fees owing at that time. Once your Room & Board fees and Facility Fees have been paid (or payment arrangements have been made for the duration of your intended stay), your non-refundable deposit will be considered a refundable damage deposit, and will be returned to you in full or in part, at the end of your stay, subject to any Additional Fees that have not been paid, and work (cleaning, repair of damage) that will need to be done in your room.
Please complete the preliminary on-line application form below. Once we receive your application, you will receive a confirmation within 2 business days. To complete the application, email your 1 reference letter, University/College letter of acceptance and proof of income (3 months copy of paystub or most recent Tax Notice Assessment) to [email protected] or mail to 11024-82 Avenue NW Edmonton AB T6G 0T2.
Your student status allows you to apply for periods of either 4-month or 8-month residency at a time. If you have not received a “Letter of Acceptance” to a university or college in Edmonton, we will take a copy of your “Conditional Acceptance”. You may choose to pay your fees in 4-month or 8-month lump sum payments (monthly payments only available on 12-month leases); however, an Installment Payment, apply if you choose to pay per semester.
The agreement you will sign requires you to abide by all of the terms set by SJI , including adhering to guidelines concerning quiet times during exam season at Edmonton’s post-secondary institutions. Please note that signing a lease commits you to paying for the entire period, whether or not you are able to actually stay here throughout the entire period of time. Should you need to leave early, you are still bound by the terms of your contract, but may sub-lease to another individual who is acceptable to SJI. All contracts are binding, and follow the regulations of the Residential Tenancies Act of Alberta.
Your application will only be considered once all necessary information has been received in our office.NOTE:
- OUR FACILITY OFFERS ROOM/FURNISHINGS/AMENITIES PACKAGES. GROUP BOOKINGS AND SHORT-TERM BOOKINGS (DAILY/WEEKLY/MONTHLY) CAN MADE BY COMPLETING OUR SHORT-TERM BOOKING FORM.
- LONG-TERM LEASES ARE AVAILABLE FROM 4 MONTHS TO 12 MONTHS. EACH 4 MONTH PERIOD MUST BE PAID IN LUMP SUM, UNLESS YOU ARE SIGNING A 12-MONTH LEASE, WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO PAY MONTH-TO-MONTH, AFTER PAYING FIRST AND LAST MONTHS’ LEASE PAYMENTS UPON MOVE-IN.
- IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO LIVE AT ST. JOHN’S INSTITUTE IN ONE OF OUR 2-, 3-, OR 4-BEDROOM SUITES, BUT DO NOT ALREADY HAVE ROOMMATES WITH WHOM YOU INTEND TO LIVE, YOU WILL BE ASSIGNED TO A SUITE, BASED ON THE PREFERENCES YOU INDICATE BELOW, ACCORDING TO THE AVAILABILITY OF YOUR PREFERRED SUITE. ST. JOHN’S INSTITUTE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ASSIGN YOU TO THE SUITE OF YOUR CHOOSING.***
Reserve your spot now! Just follow these four steps:
- Complete the application form below (please ensure that it is fully complete, or it may not be accepted)
- Provide/authorize a damage deposit of $750
- Attach one reference letter (academic or professional)
- Attach University/College acceptance letter
- Provide a document to verify your income (Pay stub (3 months pay period), Bank Statement, or Tax Notice of Assessment)
Note: Your place at St. John’s Institute is not considered reserved until you have received a letter of confirmation from our office.
Long Term Bookings
St. John’s Institute reserves the right to change your room assignment prior to your move-in and/or at the beginning of a new academic term, in the event that there are insufficient applicants to fill the type of suite to which you were initially assigned. This means that, although you may have indicated a preference for, and been assigned to, a room in one of our 4-bedroom suites, we may move you to a room in one of our other suites, at our discretion, prior to your move-in, or prior to the beginning of the next academic term. Adjustments in fees may be necessary, and you will be notified in advance, should this be the case.
Please note that your application will only be accepted if complete, along with authorization of the $750 damage deposit, receipt of 1 reference letter, university/college acceptance letter and income verification documents.
All fields are mandatory. If not applicable, mark N/A